Growing WELA’s impact – will you make a gift to support our work? Women’s Environmental Leadership Australia (WELA) empowers, supports and funds women’s leadership for our environment and climate action, in order to transform Australia’s response to these crises.
For five years, the WELA leadership development program has successfully supported the leadership, career development and influence of women working for our environment. WELA graduates have gone on to stop a new coal mine, to stop dangerous incinerators in Sydney’s suburbs, to be elected to State Parliament, to lead campaigns to save forests and habitat, build renewables and stop Adani.
Now, with the challenges to our environment ever growing, and the leadership of key decision makers so sorely lacking, our task is more important than ever.
We’re undertaking a significant expansion of the work and impact of WELA. Will you help us make it happen with a gift to WELA?
With your gift to WELA, we will:
- Support women from diverse backgrounds (including indigenous women, women from migrant communities, and women from rural and low-income communities) to participate in our life changing leadership development program
- Expand our leadership development work to include women from the business and government sectors
- Develop the support networks and communities of practice for women across different sectors and communities, and
- Establish Australia’s first giving circle dedicated to funding women-led projects and initiatives for our environment.
- Fund an experienced leader and campaigner to deliver our expanded program of work and establish the partnerships needed to maximise our impact and influence.
We’ve already secured 78% of our funding target of $216,000 for the first year of our plans. That means we need to raise $48,000 by 30 June to reach our goal. Can you help us get there?
You can read more about our plans for WELA here.