Applications for the WELA 2021 leadership development program are now open!
- 20 women actively working for our environment from diverse locations, communities and backgrounds (paid or volunteer capacity)
- May to October, 2021
- Online and face-to-face retreats (COVID-safe measures will apply)
- Applications close 15th February, 2021
Designed by and for women actively working for and committed to our environment, the WELA Leadership Development Program has successfully supported the leadership, career development and influence of over 70 women leaders across the sector since 2016.
The program brings together 20 women a year for an intensive online and retreat-based leadership development program. Participants come from diverse backgrounds, ages and communities and are working on a variety of environmental issues and campaigns around the country. Some will be employed in the movement. Others will be working as volunteers or individuals.
WELA aims to address the ways in which women’s crucial leadership can transform our response to the environmental and climate crises that we face. We empower women to identify their own approach to leadership, and to recognise and step into their power to influence.
What does the program involve?
- Two residential retreats (4 days each plus travel) held at Commonground near Seymour, Victoria – COVID-safe precautions and measures will be taken throughout
- An initial online program held over two months
- A personal mentoring relationship with an experienced environmental leader, tailored to your needs
- Collaborative fundraising to build skills, equity, networks and confidence, and support the delivery of the program
- Online connection to participants during and after the program
- Connection to a growing WELA network of women leaders across the country
- A comprehensive collection of materials and resources
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women of colour, gender diverse people and trans women, and women from working class and regional, rural or remote communities to apply.
If you’re looking to take the next steps in your leadership for our environment, WELA 2021 could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
You’ll find all the information you need on our website program page including retreat dates, program fees and scholarship information, testimonials from previous participants, and the application form.